Madd Hatter's Lab





Sunday, September 10, 2006

Life in California


Yesterday was a productive day. Probably the most errands I've ever run in one day.

Don't let this fool you; I'm still Queen of Procrastination. Yesterday, I was sitting in an auto shop, having my car smog inspected. Nine years and a month or so since I left Tennessee, I'm finally getting around to changing my license and registration.

Not that I've been in Cali all that time. A good bulk of the time I was in Kansas City, which I never, ever wanted to claim I was from. For seven years I told myself, "It's only temporary." Thank God it was.

Currently I'm sitting here shaking my head at the 49ers, losing to Arizona. My dog, who hates football, is sitting at my feet hoping for the season to be over already. The boyfriend is eyeing my, wondering what I'm doing. The sun is streaming through the matchstick blinds on the porch, and the ceiling fan is making its monotonous tick, tick, tick noise.

And Arizona just got another first down... Life in California.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home