Madd Hatter's Lab





Monday, April 09, 2007

New Easter Traditions



Instead of the Easter basket filled with chocolate, Mom has sent tulips the past two years for Easter. Maybe she read my smile post; maybe she just thought it would brighten my day. It did - my day and my table.



Last year I rushed. I was excited to have received tulips. I grabbed them out of their box and went to town cutting the stems and trying to arrange (I suck at arranging). I broke a few stems. I arranged them in a smaller glass.

This year instructions were read. Plastic stayed wrapped around the flowers so they're heads wouldn't droop. A penny was added to the bottom of the vase to keep them standing straight. It worked -- they're still beautiful 3 days later. Now I carry the vases from room to room with me as I move throughout the day. If I'm outside, my flowers are outside. If I'm cooking, they're on the dining room table. If I'm at my desk, I have one vase to each side.

Funny, the flowers seem to last way longer than the chocolate.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home