Madd Hatter's Lab





Friday, August 08, 2008

8.8



Twenty years ago I was off on my first great adventure out of the country. That day, as I boarded the Continental jet headed for Cancun, I saw the headline on a man's paper - 8.8.88 - in big, bold letters.

This morning I opened my inbox to an advertisement telling me it was my lucky day - 8.8.08. Memories flooded back of heading to Mexico, mingled with thoughts of well-wishes for all the brides tying the knot on this day. Though it seems a little funny to me how we've adapted the Asian culture in the last 20 years and everyone is excited about 8.8.08. I don't remember the same hype around 8.8.88 - but I was 9, so maybe I missed it; I was more concerned with relaxing over summer break at that time.

Ah - to be frolicking on the beach, swimming in the salty ocean, building sandcastles. Wouldn't that be lovely?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home