Madd Hatter's Lab





Friday, October 12, 2007

Sitting in Singapore, typing and having a drink

Singapore, Chingi Airport, October 12th, 5:10 pm:
So, really, not much has changed from my day-to-day life. Except soothing voices are paging passengers as I type this.

We arrived at SFO Wednesday (it's Friday here, I think it's Friday at home). I was bummed because we were seated in row 1 on the plane -- I would have seat to stick my luggage under. Mind you, this is after Raju has said, "We can get in the First Class line".

So, internalizing that I'm bummed, I then realize, "Row 1 -- wait, isn't that first class?" Raju smiled a small grin. "Surprise! I've been trying to keep this from you forever." Apparently that's not too hard, as it didn't even hit me when we were in the first class line. At that point, had he not smirked, he probably could have told me it was a one time, during-the-trip upgrade.

This life rocks. Sitting in lounges, eating free food, drinking free drinks. The best part is the new Singapore Airlines first class is apparently tops -- 35 inches of seat, that lies flat into a bed. Your own 23 inch flatscreen, filled with the newest movies as well as TV shows from around the world (old and new, I got to watch Pinky and the Brain which I haven't seen since high school). Oh, and as much vintage Dom and Krug as you can drink. I seriously was ready to spend the next 30 days on the plane. I just need to take a moment and say the husband -- BEST HUSBAND EVER.

But, they did eventually land the plane, and we're in Singapore, which is pretty cool. We arrived last night, and hopped in bed in the airport's hotel. Today, they let us through immigration, so we headed out to explore. We took a cable car from the Harbour Front over to Sentosa (I think... tourist trap I'm sure, but the cable car ride sounded fun and that's where it took you) and saw the merlion statue. The cable cars were pretty high over the water -- a bit scary, especially when they left the station. Then we headed back over for a trip through the mall. I have never seen so many high-end shops. Between the airport and the shopping center we went to, I've been bombarded with Fendi, Bvlgari, Gucci, Burberry, Cartier, and the list just goes on, and on, and on. These people have money. And I should have never worried about buying beauty products before leaving -- the airport has many duty-free shops that definitely rival Sephora (though, a huge thank you Kristen for that Caudalie travel kit -- the refreshing spray is just that - jeez my skin is soft now).

Pictures, I'm sure, will come at some point, but not today. We're set to take off for Bangalore in a few hours, so for now, I'm just going to relax, and continue sipping my champagne.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Your message is so damn cheery it's kinda sick, "the best husband ever (barf)." You are on your honeymoon I guess.
"But, they did eventually land the plane, and we're in Singapore ..." - I did enjoy this line, even if I did have to take it out of context.
I hope you continue to enjoy your trip and find more places to fill out your diary, but I guess you have better things to do :)

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger courtney said...

I'm sure if you were sipping unlimited Krug while lounging in front of a flat screen, while a cute Asian chick occasionally came by to feed you or tuck you in, you'd be doing more than calling Raju the best husband ever ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home